Monday, April 4, 2016

Student of the month story

Who - Ivy Freels
What - She won student of the month
When - For the month of April in 2016
Where - Bowie High school
Why - She has showed excellent performance in and out of school
How - Teachers nominated her

Ivy Freels has shown her teachers and peers that she is a hard worker in and out of school. The Bowie administration has nominated her for the April student of the month.

Student of the month is an honored award that recognizes students for their hard work and dedication. Freels has definitely proven that she deserves this award.

"Ivy has really shown excellent performance this school year," said english teacher Joyce Brisco, "It's amazing how she keeps up her great grades while still being so involved."

Ivy has a busy schedule that hardly has room for relaxing and hanging out with friends.

“I am a varsity cheerleader here at Bowie,” Freels said, “I am also in theater, art, and key club.”

Ivy does great in her academics. She takes pre-ap world geography and biology and regular english and algebra.

“I have only chosen to take two pre-ap classes to balance my work load,” Freels said, “I want to maintain my straight A’s.”

In the classroom Ivy stays focused and puts all her effort into her work. She has a close relationship with all of her teachers so she’s never afraid to ask for help or come in for tutoring.

“Ivy is one of my brightest students and I know I can always expect excellent work from her,” said biology teacher Jill Harding.

Ivy’s secret to her success is staying positive no matter what challenges she faces. She is known for being so vibrant and lively.

“Ivy is very funny and always has a smile on her face,” said Samantha Wesley, “I always know I can count on her to cheer me up when I’m having a bad day.”

Outside of school is just as busy for Ivy as it is during school. She is involved in many other organizations.

“I do competitions with the All Star cheerleading team at Texas Power Athletics,” Ivy said, “I also volunteer at food banks and animal shelters with my church youth group.”

After high school Ivy hopes to be a cheerleader at the University of Kentucky. Then she wants receive a masters degree in whatever major she will later decide.

“I definitely believe Ivy will make it as a college cheerleader,” said Coach Irving, “she works very hard and has a lot of potential.”

Ivy has a lot of pressure on her but she is very motivated.

“I am so honored and humbled to receive this award,” Ivy says, “I would not have been able to do it if it wasn’t for my great friends and wonderful family who have kept me motivated.”

No comments:

Post a Comment