Thursday, February 11, 2016

Extra Credit

I really liked reading all of the intresting articles and seeing the great photos and videos on Lens (http://lens.blogs.nytimes.com). Lens keeps you updated with the daily news but rather than just hearing it on the news, you get to see it through the photographer's lens. They write about the problems, big events, and any other news stories from around the world. Not only do they write about it, but they give you photos and videos to look at so you get a better understanding of the story.  In addition, they also give in depth photo essays that tell important stories that you don't get to read in the headlines. When you read a newspaper or just hear a story on the news you may not process it the same as you do when you see it on Lens. Lens lets you physically see the story so you actually know what you're reading and what it really looks like. This is a great alternative for those who want to know about the news but don't really comprehend things through reading or can't keep up when someone is just speaking the story. I will add this website to my bookmarks because I am one who wants to know about the news around the world but wouldn't take the time out of my day to read a newspaper or watch the news. With this I am more interested in what I am reading and can actually grasp the information. I would recommend this website because it gives you very interesting global news through the lens of a photographer.

On a scale of 1-5 I give this website a 5 because it does such a great job of uncovering important news feed without making you want to go look at something else. It actually helps you comprehend what you're reading.

I shared this website because the way they give news and information really opens up your eyes to the problems around the world and I think it's good for people to be aware of this website because it can really help you do that. There was a really interesting story about the horrible air pollution in Pittsburgh and how it is affecting its citizens. This story really caught my eye because the photos were amazing. They captured the damages, cause of the problem, and the innocent people who were being affected. It really made me see the tragedy and have more emotion and sympathy towards the people.

No comments:

Post a Comment